Sunday, April 24, 2011

Glad Påsk från Sverige! (Happy Easter from Sweden!)







I think this Easter will be one I will always remember. Last night we started the process of dyeing eggs. (thanks again to the parents for bringing the kits all the way from America!) This morning while some of us were at church the eggs were then hidden around the dorm. I have yet to find mine. Church was nice- pretty traditional Lutheran. Even most of the music were pieces that I'm sure were played back home, and it was a little odd to be singing them in Swedish.

When we came back from church, we began the process of making brunch. I am continually excited by all the things I am learning to cook when before this trip pretty much all I could handle in the kitchen was making a mess. We baked a ham (ok chunks of ham) with apples and cinnamon and made some of the best french toast I have ever had. Sonja also made fantastic banana bread, which was quickly devoured. Needing some epic triumphant music to cook to in accordance with the day, the Lord of the Rings soundtrack seemed an obvious choice.

We could not have asked for a more beautiful day. Though some of the afternoon was spent inside doing homework, we broke free long enough to go outside for more than an hour. It was so glorious- we all sat around on blankets, reading various things- for fun! "Reading for fun" is a concept I seem to have forgotten after going to college but we are again becoming fast friends in Jönköping.

Tomorrow morning we leave to go on our Geology Field Trip. We are not sure what to expect but it will surely be a great week. I was at least hoping for camping, but we are evidently staying in hostels. Have a great week and Happy Easter, everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment